Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
The effect is really cool and simple and easy in one pass. I will also try it with a base coat of 'flesh' color polish to reproduce the look of Jackson Pollock's Autumn Rhythm painting which is at MOMA (Museum of Modern Art in NYC)
Black Tie Optional from Hard Candy - sent to me by Nadine (nadinetx on YouTube)
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Name the collection and click once on the channels you'd like to add to that collection. Once done adding channels, click Save.
Organizing Packets - every open one was tossed
Baking extras in one backet
While I was at it, I mixed up some 'House' mix - Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder
This will go into a shaker to sit by the stove because it's the most often used in daily cooking. Extra is kept in a tight screw lid Ball jar in the cabinet.
Transferred Herbes de Provence from a too tall a bottle into one of the upcycled bottles I saved.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
We picked up the two pieces of Halibut from our Farmer's Market.
I seared the fish, skin side down in a screaming hot stainless pan till it moved on it's own.
The veggies is a mix of Japanese eggplant, yellow squash, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 red pepper, ear of corn (taken off the cob), green beans, parsley, dill, salt, black pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Leftover rice from Chinese take out was re-purposed with some parsley and dill heated slowly in the pan I seared the fish in. Hearty and flavorful meal!
Monday, May 13, 2013
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- Bases are standard A2 size cut from Staples White Card stock
- First Pattern layer cut to 4.125 x 5.35 inches - DCWV Essentials Paper collections in 6x6 (180 sheets)
- Two more patterns chosen from the paper collection in coordinating color but different patterns cut and layered on white card stock
- Doily Die cut from LifeStyle crafts, cut using Recollections Precious Metals paper in Silver, it's a nice matte finish that is very elegant without being gaudy
- Cut doily was run through the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder to add some texture
- Wild Orchid Crafts - Plum Devine Twine - WT-0001
- Wild Orchid Crafts - Butterflies - EM-00058
- Wild Orchid Crafts - Carnations - FS-00005 & FS-00007
- Martha Stewart Branch Punch, using Recollections Precious Metals Silver paper
- McGill Scalloped Tag punch for the bottom layer below the MOM image
- MOM image created using Studio G tiny letters that look like typewriter keys and punched with McGill 1/4 inch punch and adhered with 1/4 dimensional dots
Mom opening her card, it was kismet that I used lilacs - she didn't know it but dressed perfectly in coordinating colors!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
I received a new stamp set from Stephanie Bernard Stamps of Life and it contains a couple of full coverage stamps which, in my opinion require best coverage ink possible, so I tested the following:
StayzOn - Jet Black
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Versafine - Onyx Black
As you can see the StayzOn, quick drying alcohol ink, stamps OK but the ink pad itself has a texture that is picked up on this solid stamp.
Memento has pretty good coverage but the slight blotchiness might be because my ink pad could use a re-inking.
The best result of the three is the Versafine - even coverage, deep color, crisp borders - everything you could ask for in an ink.
I am eager to try Stephanie Bernard's inks which are made by Clearsnap - first one will be the basic black. Once I get it, I'll add a stamped image to this post for comparison.