Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fish & Chips

I was rearranging the second freezer and saw we had some Wild Caught Haddock Fillets which were ideal for a Fish & Chips night. Pulled out my favorite 1/8 size sheet pans and some twice cooked fries along with a homemade coleslaw was just the right combination.
This was my first time making a traditional Fish & Chips - it was easier and far tastier than even our favorite take out (or takeaway if you are from across the 'pond'). I used Wild Caught Haddock fillets and New Orleans Style Fish Fry with Lemon mix which is much lighter than traditional batter.
The fillets were thawed, patted dry and dredged in the New Orleans Style Fish Fry mix which contains Yellow Corn, Salt, Lemon Powder, Spices, Dried Garlic
Cole Slaw is red and green cabbage, about a cup of each shredded finely, one carrot (I took a chunk of my knuckle off because I got distracted by one of the dogs), scallions, dill and coleslaw dressing. Everything came together with a dash of Malt Vinegar on the chips and left everyone satisfied. Weeknight meals don't have to be boring.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, looks so good! I would love to eat at your house. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,
      You are welcome to feast with us, I always make extra!
      :) Natasha

      Delete


I love comments and constructive critiques, just be kind, this is just for fun after all.